Sign up for updates and notifications.
Inspections can be scheduled for the next business day.
Show All Answers
Visit www.MyGovernmentOnline.org to apply online.
CLICK HERE for a step-by-step guide.
For the customer help guide CLICK HERE.
1. Start by going to www.MyGovernmentOnline.org
2. At the top left go to Permits & Licensing, and click Apply Online.
3. Login to your account, if you have not already.
4. Select Louisiana as the State, and East Baton Rouge as the jurisdiction. The project type will be Permit. Click Next, then Get Started on a New Application.
5. Select the application type Flood Zone Determination, then click Next.
6. Complete the fields with information about your Project, then upload any necessary documents and files.
7. When all fields are complete and documents uploaded, click Submit and your application will be forwarded to the City-Parish.
CLICK HERE for printable instructions
CLICK HERE for a visual step-by-step guide.
1. Login to your account, and click the My Account button at the top right of the webpage.
2. Scroll down to the My Permits section and click on the View Permit link associated with the project you desire.
3. When the project opens, scroll down the page to the section called Customer Documents. Click on the link at the far right that says Add New File.
4. Click the Upload Files button in the window that appears.
5. Select the file you wish to upload from the folder location on your computer and then click Open.
6. Allow the file time to upload. Once the file has finished uploading you will see the File Name in the window. You may enter a short description in the Description box but it is not required. Click the Save button to complete the file upload process.
7. The file name will display in the Customer Documents section confirming the document has uploaded to the project. The jurisdiction will see the file and contact you if necessary.
CLICK HERE for a visual step-by-step guide.
CLICK HERE to view a detailed fee schedule
1. Once you are logged in, click on the My Account button at the top right of the screen.
2. Scroll down to the My Permits section, and click the View Permit link associated with the project you would like to make a payment on.
3. When the project opens, click on the Payments tab. This will take you to a page with a listing of the applicable fees for the project. This is also where you will be able to pay fees online.
4. Scroll down near the bottom of the Payments page, where you will see a section labeled New Payment. Select the fees you wish to pay and click the Pay Online button.
** If you feel that the fees are incorrect, please call the Permit & Inspections office before you pay so that it can be corrected.**
5. Provide your payment information on the next page and click the button to process your payment. You will have the option to print a receipt after the payment is processed.
Yes. However, after hours inspections are subject to inspector availability and require an additional $150 fee.
** CLICK HERE for additional information on Inspections and the Inspection Division.
The Expedited Plan Review Service is an option available on many permits that has a faster turn around time on plan reviews.
Expedited RESIDENTIAL plan reviews will be completed within three (3) business days after receipt of all required information, and resubmittals reviewed within two (2) business days after receipt.
Expedited COMMERCIAL plan reviews will be completed within ten (10) business days after receipt of all required information, and resubmittals reviewed within three (3) business days after receipt.
Expedited Review Costs:
Residential: $60 + $0.10 per total square foot under roof
Commercial: $0.19 per total square foot under roof
Residential plan reviews will be completed within seven (7) business days after receipt of all required information necessary in order to complete an initial review. Residential resubmittals will be reviewed within three (3) business days after receipt.
Commercial plan reviews will be completed within twenty-one (21) business days after receipt of all required information necessary in order to complete an initial review. Commercial resubmittals will be reviewed within five (5) business days after receipt.
Plan review is only one of the many steps in the permitting and review process. It may take additional time for a permit to be issued, based on the specific permit requirements.
The Builders Package option allows the Applicant to defer a pre-dermined portion of the fees, to be paid after plans are approved. The option is only available for Residential: NEW permit types. A breakdown of the fee schedule is shown below. The Builder portion must be paid in full before plan review can begin.
Find what you're looking for