Who do I call to help me with a dead animal?

Call 311 to report a dead animal on an East Baton Rouge Parish street. If you’re a good Samaritan and you notice that a dead dog or cat is wearing its rabies tag, you can call us and tell us what the tag number is, and we can track down the owner to notify them of the situation.

Dead animals on an interstate or on a state highway should be reported to 225-231-4131. For dead livestock call 225-389-3254.

Show All Answers

1. How do I report stray animals, nuisance animals, or animal cruelty situations?
2. What should I do if I find a stray pet?
3. What about pet licenses, and how many pets may I keep?
4. A barking dog in our neighborhood keeps us up at night. What should we do?
5. Raccoons are getting into my garbage. What can I do?
6. Who do I call to help me with a dead animal?
7. Someone has been bitten by an animal. What needs to be done?