How do I get my water reconnected?

The total balance due, plus the service charge for reconnection must be paid for water service to be restored.  The total balance due includes charges for the current month and arrears.  Payments must be made in person at the following locations:

  • Customers billed by Baton Rouge Water Company:
    • Service Fee Business Office
      1100 Laurel Street
      Suite 234
      Baton Rouge, LA 70802
    • Baton Rouge Water Company
      8755 Goodwood Boulevard
      Baton Rouge, LA 70802
  • Customers billed by the City of Zachary:
    • City of Zachary
      4650 Main Street
      Zachary, LA
  • Customers billed by the City of Baker:
    • City of Baker
      3325 Groom Road
      Baker, LA

Show All Answers

1. How is my Sewer User Fee calculated?
2. What is the average cost a resident can expect to pay for their monthly sewer bill?
3. Is it mandatory for residential customers to tie-in to the sewer system?
4. My sewer bill increased. Why?
5. My sewer bill is higher than my water bill. Why?
6. The amount of water which I am currently using is much less than the amount billed for the sewer user fee. How is this possible?
7. My solid waste (garbage) bill increased. Why?
8. My household generates a significant amount of garbage. Can I get an extra cart?
9. I have an extra cart and I paid a $60 fee. Will I be charged the monthly extra cart fee?
10. My water has been disconnected. Why wasn't I notified before it was disconnected?
11. How do I get my water reconnected?
12. I paid my bill, but my water was still disconnected. Why?
13. I received a sewer user fee bill, but I own a private well. Why am I being billed?
14. I am being billed sewer and garbage user fees on a home that is vacant. Why?
15. I have a swimming pool (sprinkler system, etc.) and most of my water does not go into the sewer system. Why do I have to pay such high sewer user fee bills?
16. I received a statement back-billing me for sewer and solid waste (garbage) user fees that I was never billed for. Why do I have to pay for the error?