How do I report a code or zoning violation?

Report a code violation by calling 311. The complaint is routed to the appropriate department and inspected for blight violations. If there is a blight violation, the property owner is sent notice to clear the violation within 15 days and assigned a blight court date. If the violation has not been cleared by the blight court date, the court issues a judgment against the property owner and assess a fine and costs. The Department of Development is then authorized to clear the blight violation and place a lien on the property for the cost of clearing the blight violation.

Show All Answers

1. How do I report a code or zoning violation?
2. I recently received a letter regarding a blight violation. Who do I contact?
3. Where is blight court held?
4. What is the condemnation process?
5. How tall can weeds or grass grow before the City/Parish will intervene?
6. If a property has a blight judgment or condemnation order against it, does that mean the City/Parish owns the property?
7. My neighbors’ tree is overhanging onto my property, what can be done?