How and where can I get a criminal background check for my job?

The Baton Rouge Police Department no longer provides record checks for employment or housing. This can be done in person at the Bureau of Criminal Identification at State Police Headquarters located at 7919 Independence Boulevard in Baton Rouge. Their phone number is 225-925-6095. Forms can also be obtained from the Louisiana State Police website.

Show All Answers

1. What payment methods do you accept for payment of fines, fees and court costs?
2. Can I get an extension or reschedule my court date?
3. What if I can’t pay my fine? Can I do community service work in lieu of my fine or make partial payments?
4. Do I have to provide proof of insurance for a vehicle that is not mine?
5. How can I keep a ticket or misdemeanor off my record?
6. How can I get a copy of court minutes? Or how can I get a copy of my case disposition?
7. My driver’s license has been suspended. How do I get it reinstated?
8. Do I have an outstanding Bench Warrant?
9. How and where can I get a criminal background check for my job?
10. How long does a traffic ticket stay on my driving record?
11. Can I see what is on my Criminal Record for City Court?
12. How can I clear my Criminal Record?
13. How can I find out if someone was arrested in court today and taken to jail?