How do I file for an Eviction?

A tenant can be evicted by following our Eviction Procedure Guidelines (PDF). The rental property must be located within East Baton Rouge Parish. Generally speaking, a copy of the lease or a copy of the five-day Notice to Vacate must be provided in court, and the eviction suit is initiated with the Court by filing a Rule to Evict. A Rule to Evict form is provided by the Civil Division, located in Room 251. 

Show All Answers

1. How do I file for an Eviction?
2. How can I get a Restraining Order?
3. How much can I sue for in Civil Court or Small Claims Court?
4. How much does it cost to file a Civil Suit or Small Claims Suit?
5. What is the statute of limitations for filing a Suit?
6. How do I file suit in Small Claims Court?
7. The Court entered a judgment ordering the other party to pay me money. When will I get paid and how long is my judgment good for?
8. Will the Court collect my judgment for me?
9. When can I start collecting my judgment?
10. What is a garnishment?
11. What are interrogatories?
12. What is a Garnishment Judgment?
13. What happens if the judgment gets paid in full?
14. Can all of my earnings (wages) be taken by Garnishment?
15. How do I respond to a Garnishment Citation and Take Notice I received regarding one of my employees?
16. Can I file a Civil Action by fax?