Baton Rouge, La. – May 13, 2020 – The Division of Human Development & Services and Office of Social Services is pleased to announce the availability of Energy Cooling funds to assist eligible low-income households with home energy bills.
All applications are processed by phone only at this time. Applications will be taken on a first-call, first-served basis until all service funds have been exhausted. Applicants must be responsible for their household energy bill and have an active utility account. Household income determines the minimum requirements for energy assistance. An eligible households must not exceed the income levels listed in the chart below.
2020 LIHEAP 60% Estimated State Median Income Levels
# of Household Members
Monthly Household Income Limit
Information Needed To Apply:
- Recent copies of energy bills (highest bill within the last six months)
- Last four consecutive copies of check stubs for all employed household members
- Proof of unearned income (Social Security, Unemployment Insurance, Pension Funds, Disability, etc.) for all household members
- Food stamp certification letter or printout dated within 30 days of application date
- Households reporting zero income must provide additional documentation
- Proof of current address (rent receipt, lease, or deed, etc.)
- Driver’s license or picture ID of head of household and Social Security cards
- Proof of all members living in household and their Social Security cards
- Additional information may be required to determine eligibility for energy assistance
For additional information, please call 225-358-4561.