BATON ROUGE, LA — April 9, 2020 — Registration is now open for a series of webinars designed to educate residents on financial planning and applying for assistance during the COVID-19 pandemic. The purpose of these online workshops is to raise awareness about the importance of financial literacy as federal stimulus checks are distributed to the public.
Residents can register for the online workshops at brla.gov/covidworkshop. The webinars will also stream on the City of Baton Rouge’s Facebook page.
Baton Rouge-based non-profits are partnering with Mayor-President Sharon Weston Broome’s office and EmployBR to launch the series of online financial literacy workshops. They include: Capital Area United Way, Hope Ministries, Junior League of Baton Rouge, and Louisiana Jump Start.
These online workshops are designed to help families with financial planning and educate them on how to leverage longevity for their anticipated stimulus checks. These checks will begin being distributed to qualified recipients in mid-April.
Online Financial Planning Workshops:
All videos will livestream from 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- April 14: Demystifying COVID-19 Stimulus Checks
- April 16: Creating and Managing a COVID-19 Budget
- April 21: Securing Relief Services during COVID-19
- April 23: Breaking Down the Unemployment Process
- April 28: Creating a Game Plan for an Emergency Reserve
- April 30: Assessing Spending Habits During COVID-19 and Beyond, A New Normal for Money Management