Tuesday, March 24, 2020 — All BREC golf facilities will be closed Tuesday, March 24th so that we can make the preparations needed to re-open while complying with social distancing and the Governor’s Stay at Home order. Courses will re-open on Wednesday or when all preparations are complete. For status updates, check golf.brec.org or BREC Golf on social media.
Additional policies in effect after the re-opening will include:
- All sales will be credit card only, no cash sales.
- Customer are strongly encouraged to walk when playing. Cart rentals will be allowed for single riders only at 18-hole courses.
- The 9-hole City Park and J.S. Clark golf courses will be open for walking only. No cart rentals will be allowed.
- Green fees will only be accepted from outside the clubhouse at most courses. Clubhouse access will be limited, including limited or no access to some clubhouse restroom facilities.
- Tee times will be reduced at courses as needed to spread out play and limit the number of golfers on the course at the same time.
Measures that were already being taken will remain in place, including:
- Hole liners have been turned upside down to allow golfers to putt to the hole and retrieve the ball from the hole without touching the flagstick or hole liner.
- Golfers are being encouraged to not putt short putts.
- Water coolers have been removed from courses.
- Rakes have been removed from sand bunkers.
- Ball washers have been removed or covered to prevent use.
As of 5 p.m. Monday, March 23, BREC closed all playgrounds, dog parks, outdoor fitness equipment and restrooms for public use through the duration of the Stay at Home order. All community parks will also close at dusk rather than staying open until 10 o’clock p.m. as they do during normal operations.
Parks, trails and conservation areas will remain open and continue to provide a vital resource to the public as they have been encouraged to participate in outdoor activities such as walking, biking and hiking during this stressful time.
BREC will continue adding to the online “Refresh Your Mind” portal containing videos which allow residents to experience BREC facilities and activities from the safety of their homes. The portal is housed at www.brec.org/refresh.
Twenty-five BREC parks are also being utilized to provide thousands of meals for at-risk children through a partnership with Three O’clock Project.
Please monitor BREC’s website and social media pages for further updates.