Baton Rouge, LA – February 7, 2020 – Mayor-President Sharon Weston Broome kicks off her first Baton Rouge Police Department Precinct Tour on Monday, February 10 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at First District, 4445 Plank Road. Mayor Broome, Police Chief Murphy Paul, and the District Commander will provide residents of First District an overview of public safety efforts in the area. First District residents will also have an opportunity to share their thoughts and concerns about public safety and community-police relations in their neighborhoods. You can enter your address to determine your police district here. Seating for the event is limited, so please RSVP at firstname.lastname@example.org.
“The main purpose of these meetings is for us as leaders to better understand the concerns of our residents as it relates to public safety,” said Mayor Broome. “Since taking office, our community members have stepped up in their communications with the Baton Rouge Police Department. Fighting crime is a team effort and we can only be effective when we work together.”
Here is the full list of dates for the BRPD Precinct Tour:
- First District – Monday, February 10 – 4445 Plank Road, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Second District – Thursday, February 27 – 2265 Highland Road, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Third District – Monday, March 16 – 9000 Airline Highway, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Fourth District – Thursday, March 26 – 8227 Scenic Highway, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Fifth District – Thursday, April, 9 – 222 St. Louis Street, 8th Floor, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
These meetings are an opportunity for residents in each district to learn about the latest technology and strategies being used to enhance public safety, to learn tips and tools to prevent crime, and to communicate with city and BRPD leaders about concerns in their area.
Seating for these events is limited, so Mayor Broome plans to have a second round of meetings later this year.