BATON ROUGE, LA — Trick-or-treat hours for the City of Baton Rouge and East Baton Rouge Parish are set for 6:00-8:00 p.m. Thursday, October 31, 2019.
Police Chief Murphy Paul and the Baton Rouge Police Department, along with Mayor-President Sharon Weston Broome, offer the following Halloween safety tips for children and families:
- Never allow children to trick-or-treat without adult supervision.
- Always stay in groups.
- Use sidewalks and stay out of the street whenever possible.
- Wear reflective clothing or bright costumes.
- Trick-or-treat only in familiar neighborhoods.
- Do not allow children to eat any candy or treats until thoroughly checked by an adult.
- Drivers are asked to slow down and be especially alert in residential neighborhoods.
- Call police if any suspicious activity occurs, or if candy is suspected to be tainted.
- Residents are urged to hand out only manufactured, sealed candy.