BATON ROUGE, LA — June 6, 2019 — The National Weather Service (NWS) Slidell has forecast East Baton Rouge Parish to remain under a moderate risk for heavy rainfall until Friday night. Our area is forecasted to receive 4-6 inches of rainfall through Sunday, with locally higher amounts possible.
A flash flood watch is in effect until 7:00 p.m. Thursday evening. This watch may be extended.
In preparation for this rain event, sand and sandbags are available at the following locations:
- BREC Airline Highway Fairgrounds – 16072 Airline Highway
- BREC Alsen Park – 601 Old Rafe Meyer Road
- BREC Cadillac Street – 6117 Cadillac Street
- BREC Doyles Bayou Park – 7801 Port Hudson-Pride Road
- BREC Flannery Road Park – 801 South Flannery Road
- BREC Hartley-Vey at Gardere Park – 1702 Gardere Lane
- BREC Memorial Stadium – 1702 Foss Street
- BREC Lovett Road Park – 13443 Lovett Road
- St. George Fire Department Headquarters – 14100 Airline Highway
Residents are urged to bring their own shovels to fill the sandbags. Real-time sandbag locations can be found at http://gis.brla.gov/emergency.
Mayor Broome encourages residents to remain vigilant as we move into the weekend and use caution while driving as localized flash flooding may cause ponding on roadways.
For further information, follow “Red Stick Ready” on Facebook and Twitter @RedStickReady and download the Red Stick Ready mobile application - free on Apple and Android devices by searching "Red Stick Ready".