BATON ROUGE, LA — April 17, 2018 — The National Weather Service (NWS) Slidell has forecast an Enhanced Risk of severe weather for East Baton Rouge Parish beginning early afternoon through the evening tomorrow. The NWS Slidell is anticipating 1-2 inches of rain as well as possible straight-line winds, tornadoes, and hail. EBRP is not currently under any watches or warnings.
Mayor Broome advises residents to use extreme caution. She states, “Please be 'Red Stick Ready' by having a plan in place for your family, and continuously monitoring your weather radio and local TV stations.”
Sand and sandbags are available at the following BREC sites:
• BREC Airline Highway Fairgrounds – 16072 Airline Highway
• BREC Alsen Park – 601 Old Rafe Meyer Road
• BREC Cadillac Street – 6117 Cadillac Street
• BREC Doyles Bayou Park – 7801 Port Hudson-Pride Road
• BREC Flannery Road Park – 801 South Flannery Road
• BREC Hartley-Vey at Gardere Park – 1702 Gardere Lane
• BREC Memorial Stadium – 1702 Foss Street
• BREC Lovett Road Park – 13443 Lovett Road
Residents are urged to bring their own shovels to fill the sandbags. Real-time sandbag locations can be found at http://gis.brla.gov/emergency. As new information becomes available, the map will populate with current data.
The Mayor’s Office and MOHSEP will continue coordinating with the National Weather Service, Parish Municipalities, Local and State officials throughout the duration of the event.
For up-to-date information regarding the current weather situation, contact MOHSEP at (225) 389-2100, follow us @RedStickReady on Facebook and Twitter, and download the Red Stick Ready mobile application - free on Apple and Android devices.