BATON ROUGE, LA — March 12, 2019 — Mayor-President Sharon Weston Broome today announced the City of Baton Rouge, Parish of East Baton Rouge has released a request for proposal (RFP) for the management of all City-Parish garages, basement parking, and surface lots.
“Streamlining our parking management practices will promote efficiency and create a better experience for our citizens and visitors who frequently park downtown,” said Mayor Broome. “We will also turn to the private sector in the coming weeks for on-street parking solutions, a crucial component of our overall parking strategy.”
The City-Parish expects the contractor to improve efficiencies by implementing parking industry best practices while adhering to the following goals:
- Provide affordable short-term parking for downtown visitors while creating turnover for businesses
- Provide clean, safe, and convenient facilities for downtown visitors and neighboring businesses
- Utilize creative marketing strategies to increase revenue and attract new contract, event, and daily parkers
- Reduce operating expenses through efficient business practices
- Maintain and enhance business and community relationships
Sealed proposals will be received by the City of Baton Rouge, Parish of East Baton Rouge Purchasing Division until April 23, 2019, at 2:00 p.m. local time in Room 826, of City Hall, 222 Saint Louis Street, Baton Rouge, LA 70802 for the CITY OF BATON ROUGE, PARISH OF EAST BATON ROUGE GARAGE PARKING MANAGEMENT. Contact the Purchasing Division at 225-389-3259, extension 0, or firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy.