BATON ROUGE, LA — October 1, 2018 — Today, Mayor-President Sharon Weston Broome, the Mayor’s Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness (MOHSEP), and the Department of Information Services announced the launch of a new, user-friendly Red Stick Ready website, www.redstickready.com. The new site replaces the former Red Stick Ready site.
Baton Rouge is French for "Red Stick" and being "Red Stick Ready" encourages the community to take personal responsibility prior to a disaster with the necessary emergency supplies and plans in place. “Through the new Red Stick Ready website, citizens have preparedness resources at their fingertips,” said Mayor Broome. “I encourage everyone who lives or works in East Baton Rouge Parish to sign up for important notifications at www.redstickready.com.”
Red Stick Ready website features:
• Preparedness tips for East Baton Rouge Parish’s top ten hazards
• Fillable family emergency communication plan
• Clickable disaster supply checklist for people and pets
• Emergency notification sign-up
• Preparedness tips and games for kids
• Business emergency and continuity plan templates
• Emergency notification sign up for schools, neighborhood preparedness tips, and faith-based online preparedness training
• Prevention information including how to report suspicious activity, fire prevention tips, and when to contact 9-1-1
• Links to Red Stick Ready Facebook, Twitter, App, and all preparedness handouts
For more information, follow @RedStickReady on Facebook and Twitter, and download the Red Stick Ready mobile application — free on Apple and Android devices by searching "Red Stick Ready".