Baton Rouge, La — October 23, 2023 — Trick-or-treat hours for the City of Baton Rouge and East Baton Rouge Parish are 6:00-8:00 p.m. Tuesday, October 31, 2023. Neighborhoods and community groups are free to organize their own events.
Trick-or-Treat Safety Tips:
- Plan Your Route: Before heading out for trick-or-treating, plan your route in advance. Stick to well-lit areas and neighborhoods you're familiar with. Let someone know where you'll be and roughly how long you'll be gone.
- Stay Visible: Wear reflective or bright-colored costumes, or add reflective tape to your child's outfit and their treat bag. Carry a flashlight or glow sticks to make sure you're visible to drivers.
- Inspect Candy: When you return home, inspect all the Halloween treats. Discard any unwrapped or suspicious-looking items. If your child has food allergies, be especially vigilant and check labels for allergens.
- Stay on Sidewalks: Remind children to always walk on sidewalks and be cautious crossing roads. Avoid cutting across yards or streets in the dark.
- Use the Buddy System: Whenever possible, travel in a group with a trusted adult. The buddy system provides safety and is more fun when trick-or-treating.