Office of Community Development
To provide decent housing opportunities, improved living environments and expanded opportunities for persons of low and moderate income.
2022 Annual Action Plan Public Notice and Community Meeting
The City of Baton Rouge – Parish of East Baton Rouge Office of Community Development has completed a draft of its 2022 Annual Action Plan for Community Development Block Grant (CDBG), HOME Investment Partnerships Program (HOME), HOME American Rescue Plan (HOME - ARP), Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS (HOPWA) and Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) programs.
The City-Parish will held a virtual public hearing regarding the 2022 Action Plan and HOME-ARP Allocation Plan on Tuesday, July 19th, 2022 at 2pm. The purpose of the meeting was to notify the public of intended activities to be undertaken using HUD's CDBG, HOME, ESG, HOPWA, and HOME-ARP funding.
Mayor Broome and the Office of Community Development held a discussion on the state of housing in East Baton Rouge Parish on Tuesday, May 17, at 6 p.m. at the River Center Library in downtown.
A part of the ongoing Safe, Hopeful, Healthy initiative, the conversation focused on the challenges to creating safe, affordable housing in the community and the solutions needed to move East Baton Rouge forward.
- Joshua Hollins, the new Executive Director of the Louisiana Housing Corporation (LHC)
- Michelle Wheaton, Vice President and Gulf Coast Director, Enterprise Community Partners
- J. Wesley Daniels Jr., CEO, East Baton Rouge Housing Authority
- Tasha Saunders, Director, Mayor’s Office of Community Development
2022 Baton Rouge Rebuilds Developer Program
Mayor-President Sharon Weston Broome announced the EBR Office of Community Development has issued a Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) for approximately $2,000,000 in federal Community Development Block Grant Declared Disaster Recovery Funding (DDRF) for a housing initiative titled "2022 Baton Rouge Rebuilds Developer Program (2022 BRRDP)".
Notice of Funding Availability
The 2022 BRRDP Application is now open.
2022 BRRDP Q&A
- I am elderly and my house needs to be repaired. Who do I contact?
- When it rains my roof leaks. Can the City-Parish help?
- I own rental property and need to have it repaired. Who can I talk to?
- How can I get financial assistance to provide a public service to low and moderate income persons?
- I am homeless, where can I go for help?
- 2022 Notice of Funding Availability for BR Rebuilds Developer Program
- EBR Emergency Solutions Request for Proposals Q&A
- EBR Emergency Solutions - Request for Proposals
- 2021 Public Notice for Baton Rouge Rebuilds Developer Program
- 2021 Notice of Funding Availability for BR Rebuilds Developer Program @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>