Claim for Refund of Taxes Paid Form
- Complete the first seven lines of the Claim for Refund of Taxes Paid Form (PDF) with the taxpayer's name, address, and contact information as indicated.
- Tax Account Number: This is the number issued to identify your business. You will find your account number on your monthly sales/use tax report form.
- Type of Tax: Select one of the following:
- Sales Tax
- Use Tax
- Hotel-Motel Tax
- Enterprise Zone
- Occupational License Tax
- Period: Indicate the tax period or periods during which an overpayment occurred, such as "December 2000" or "January through December 2000."
- 1. Taxes Remitted: Enter the total taxes remitted as reflected on your monthly sales/use tax return(s) filed for the tax period(s) in question.
- 2. Taxes Due, as Amended: Enter the amount that should have been paid to the Revenue Division for the tax period(s) in question, as opposed to the amount that was actually remitted. For example, your December 2000 return reflects that you paid $100. After discovering your error, you have calculated that only $75 should have been paid. Enter the $75 on this line.
- 3. Refund Requested: The difference between what you actually paid and what you should have paid. In the example above, you would enter the difference between the $100 paid and the $75 that you should have paid. Enter the $25 difference on this line.
- Preferred Refund Method: Indicate whether you would prefer a credit memo on your account or a refund check.
- Reason for Requesting a Refund: Explain why you are requesting a refund. If you need additional space, please attach an additional sheet or letter of explanation.
- Note: Any "Claim for Credit or Refund of Taxes Paid" form on which a taxpayer is claiming a refund of $1,500 or more must be notarized.
- Sign the completed form and forward to:
ATTN: Steve Caldwell, Revenue Analyst
City of Baton Rouge - Parish of East Baton Rouge
Department of Finance/Revenue Division
P. O. Box 2590
Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70821-2590
Any "Claim for Credit or Refund of Taxes Paid" form submitted without the appropriate signatures will result in your claim being delayed until such time that the required signatures are obtained.
If you have additional questions concerning the form, please contact Steve Caldwell at 225-389-3080, extension 757.