Neighborhood Issues

Functions & Roles

The Office of Neighborhoods functions as the voice of neighborhoods within City-Parish government. We communicate with individuals, neighborhoods and civic associations, lead dialogues about the problems they face, and work together with the rest of City-Parish government to find solutions. The Office of Neighborhoods is your liaison to City-Parish government. Contact us to help you with a problem or if you are in need of information.

If your civic association has been inactive and you’d like to revive it or if your neighborhood doesn’t have one and you’d like to start one, please contact us at 225-389-8680, or at our email. We can help you write your by-laws and lead you through every step of the way. Listed on this page are some of the issues that East Baton Rouge Parish neighborhoods are facing and tips for addressing them. 

Service Requests or Reporting

Violations of the A-1 Residential Housing Ordinance

For types of complaints, service requests and general information call the 3-1-1 Call Center by dialing 3-1-1 or 225-389-3090. The 3-1-1 Call Center is open 5 days a week from 7:30 a.m. through 5 p.m. to receive citizen inquiries about available parish government services. A call center representative will assist you in finding the appropriate government services, a service request is created and automatically forwarded to the appropriate division to address your needs. Citizens may also submit a complaint online by accessing our Citizen's Request for Service.

The 3-1-1 Call Center and the Online Request for Service include:

  • General Information (Hours and Location); Domestic Animal Concerns (Stray/Loose Dogs and Cats)
  • Housing Conditions (Overgrown Lots, Junk or Inoperative Vehicles)
  • Mosquito-Related Problems
  • Potholes
  • Sidewalk Concerns (Damaged or in Need of Repair), Trash, Recycling and Debris Pick-Up
  • Traffic Signal Malfunctions (Street Sign and Traffic Light Concerns)
  • Tree/Branch Hazards
  • Unpermitted Construction and Zoning Violations

Animal Concerns (Domestic or Wild)

  • For domestic animal concerns (stray/loose dogs and cats) call the Animal Control Center at 225-774-7700.
  • For Mosquito and Rodent Abatement call 225-356-3297.