Office of Neighborhoods
Welcome to the Office of Neighborhoods
Monitor neighborhoods, pro-actively looking for code violations such as overgrown yards and lots, junk, trash and debris, illegal signs and buildings that should be condemned.
To improve the quality of life in East Baton Rouge Parish by connecting individual citizens and neighborhoods with the services they need. The Office of Neighborhoods achieves this by accomplishing the following goals:
- Provides helpful information to constituents, neighborhoods and civic and homeowner associations on issues, policies, and procedures that most affect neighborhoods, especially in reference to City-Parish government services.
- Provides training and education to constituents, neighborhoods and civic and homeowner associations and teaches citizens how to effect positive change in their communities.
- Works to strengthen neighborhoods by helping organize new civic associations, revitalizing old ones and aiding existing ones.
- Facilitates partnerships between constituents, neighborhoods and other groups, including local government departments, faith-based institutions, businesses, schools, universities, and not-for-profit organizations, enabling constituents and neighborhoods to utilize resources around them to their full potential.
- Advocates policies and work of constituents, neighborhood and civic associations as they work to improve their lives and neighborhoods.
- Acts as liaison between constituents, neighborhoods, civic and homeowner associations, and the City-Parish government and community groups.