Chaneyville Community Center
The Chaneyville Community Center was dedicated in 1984 but did not open to the public until 1985. The Center is located in Zachary in Council District 1 and represented by Councilman Trae Welch. The Center serves the residents of the northeast section of East Baton Rouge Parish and is one of five community centers operated under the guidance of the City of Baton Rouge. Chaneyville Community Center offers a variety of services with a staff of dedicated employees and a host of volunteers.
District 1's Councilman Trae Welch may be reached at 225-389-5170 or fax to 225-389-8301, or Email Councilman Trae Welch.
Chaneyville Zip Codes
The Community Center serves ZIP codes 70791, 70770, and some of 70739.
Rental Information (After Hours)
Multi-purpose room accommodates approximately 100 people. Rental fee for 3 hours is $125, plus $50 non-refundable deposit for a total Rental Fee of $175.
Funeral Repast Rental (between 1 p.m. and closing): 2 hours' Rental Fee $25, plus a non-refundable deposit of $50 for a total Rental Fee of $75.
- CSGB (OSS): Assist with emergency utility, rent/mortgage payments, food vouchers, and medication
- FEMA: Provides emergency rent and mortgage payments to families facing eviction or foreclosure, limited to once a year and based on the availability of funds
- Food for Families: Distributes monthly commodities (40 pounds) to approved seniors
- Food Pantry: Operates a Food Pantry and issues food in emergency situations
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) (OSS): Provides non-emergency utility payments annually directly to vendors for eligible residents based on availability of funds
- Quarterly Commodity Program (OSS): Issues surplus foods four (4) times per year to approved households
- VITA Income Tax Site: Prepare both state and federal tax forms for low-income individuals and families
- Bible Study: A volunteer minister teaches Bible classes every Thursday morning
- Crafts: A volunteer instructor teaches 2 to 3 hours every Friday
- Quilting Club: Meets three times weekly to work on making quilts
- Sewing: Making and designing quality tops
- Monthly Potluck: Every fourth Tuesday
Council on Aging EBR - COA Site
- Bingo and other games
- Exercise classes every Wednesday morning
- Flu shots annually
- Meals served daily
- Scheduled trips
- Trips, parties, speakers
- A variety of workshops