Permit Requirements for Single Family Residence

Applicants requesting a permit for a relocated single-family residence will need the following.

Once the residence has been blocked up on the proposed site, the professional must provide the Inspection Division an Official Certificate of Elevation before getting a final approval for the foundation.

Relocation of Foundation Permit ($120 plus $15 tech fee)

A Relocation of Foundation Permit will need a Plot Plan, Proposed Certificate of Elevation and a Foundation Plan. If an individual sewer treatment plant is to be installed, a permit is required from the Board of Health. A foundation inspection is required before any concrete is poured. Pier construction will require two inspections: one for the pier footing and one for the structure on the piers.

Setback lines

Inspection will also check the building line setbacks for compliance. When ready for inspection, call 225-389-3209 with your permit number and address. Address must be posted. The Board of Health will need to have inspected the sewer treatment, if one was needed.

After Getting a Final Approval

After getting a final approval on the foundation, you will need a Remodeling Permit to allow your electrical, plumbing, and heating and air conditioning contractors to get the necessary permits to connect the residence to utilities and sewer. The licensed professional contractors will call-in for their inspections, when ready. Any Homeowner Permits: the homeowner must call-in for inspections.

After All Final Inspections

After all final inspections have been made and approved, utilities will be notified to connect service.