The Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC) Licensing Division includes two sections: Employee and Business licenses. Applications for licenses are taken Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Employee License

When applying for a license, a current government-issued picture identification card must be presented. A Classified Employee license has a two-year expiration date and a Retail Clerk License expires upon termination of employment at the business listed on the license. All license applications are subject to criminal history background checks. All licensees are required by state law to complete the Responsible Vendor training class prior to receiving a license.

Types of Employee Licenses - $30 + $20 (RV Class)

  • Class A Classified Employee License: Servers, bartenders, and doormen.
  • Class B Retail Clerk License: Cashiers Retail Outlets
  • Class E Entertainer’s License: Dancers and Models
  • Class W Waiter/Waitress License

Business License

Business licenses are issued to all wholesale and retail businesses in East Baton Rouge Parish, except those businesses located within the city limits of Baker or Zachary.

  • Class A Licenses are issued to those businesses that sell or serve alcohol for consumption on the premises.
  • Class B Licenses are issued to those businesses that sell packaged alcohol for consumption off the licensed premises.
  • Class C Licenses are issued to wholesale distributors.
  • All restaurants that hold a Class A License must also have a Class R - Restaurant License.