Massage Establishment Registration
To apply for a Massage Establishment Registration CLICK HERE.
A user account is required to register. A step-by-step guide on how to create a user account can be found HERE.
All Massage Establishments are required to obtain an annual registration from the Permits and Inspections Division. Applications can be submitted online HERE or by visiting www.mygovernmentonline.org.
- Project Type – Permit
- Application Type – Massage Establishment Registration
Registration fees are as follows:
- $100 for businesses that employ only one massage therapist.
- $200 for businesses that employ two or more massage therapists.
The following information is required to process the Massage Establishment Registration, and is required to be submitted with your application:
- A criminal background check from the Louisiana State Police (additional fees required, at the applicant’s expense). The criminal back ground check can be obtained from the Louisiana State Police Office at 7919 Independence Blvd, Baton Rouge, LA 70806. The process includes fingerprinting ($10 fee) and a background check ($26 fee). The Right to Review Authorization Form and Right to Review Disclosure Form are required to be submitted for LSP to perform the criminal background check. Visit https://www.lsp.org/services/background-checks/ for more information or to contact the Louisiana State Police Bureau of Criminal Identification and Information.
- The background check must be taken to the Baton Rouge City Court Probation Division for review, located at 233 St Louis St. Room 400 (4th Floor), Baton Rouge, LA 70802. (Cell phones are not allowed in the building and should be left in the car)
- A copy of all massage therapist license(s) and massage establishment license(s) issued by the Louisiana Board of Massage Therapy.
- A copy of the Massage Establishment's occupational license, issued by the city-parish revenue division.
To view a printable version of these instruction (PDF) CLICK HERE