Spanish Town Parking District Regulations
Section 11:503 Parking Permits Required in Spanish Town Parking
Parking permits are required in Spanish Town Parking District. No parking infraction shall be levied under this chapter against a vehicle for parking in the district if it properly displays a Spanish Town Parking District parking permit. A properly issued parking permit allows the vehicle's driver to park anywhere within the limits of the assigned parking district on streets posted with Spanish Town Parking District signs, provided that there are no additional posted restrictions (such as red zone or street cleaning). The permit shall be in the form of a hang tag, that shall be hung from the rear-view mirror of the vehicle, and must be displayed prominently when parked in the district. Possession of a properly issued permit does not guarantee that parking will be available to the permit holder. (Ord. No. 14705, § 1, 6-24-09)
Section 11:504 Annual Resident Parking Permit Requirements
- Annual permits are valid January 1 through December 31 for the year in which the permit is purchased.
- No permit shall be issued to any person who has outstanding parking fines.
- The fee for issuance of an annual parking permit is five dollars ($5.00). The fee for replacement permits for lost, stolen, or destroyed tags is twenty-five dollars ($25.00).
- Permits are acquired through the city-parish traffic engineering office during ordinary business hours.
- Two (2) kinds of annual parking permits are issued by the office, resident permits and guest permits.
- Resident permits are issued to any person who can provide the following proof of residence in Spanish Town.
One of the following:
- Current vehicle registration showing an address within the district (or if the vehicle is leased, a copy of the lease showing an address within the district, or if registering a company vehicle, a letter from the employer confirming the license number of the vehicle, the name of the employee applicant, and the employee's home address), or
- Current driver's license showing home address within the district, or
- Property tax bill showing person's name as taxpayer and home address within the district, or
- Residential lease with address within the district, identifying applicant specifically as a resident at that address.
- Resident permits are unique to each resident, and accordingly, each resident is limited to a single resident permit.
- An employer or employee of a business located within the district may apply for a resident permit, in which case, a current pay stub showing employment, and the address of the business in the district, will be acceptable proof.
- Guest permits are issued in the same manner as resident permits, with the same proof of residence. There is a limit of 2 guest permits per unique address in the district, such that a residential home or apartment within a building or complex will each qualify for no more than 2 guest permits.
- Annual parking permits for the Spanish Town Parking District issued prior to (enactment date) will be valid through December 31, 2010. DPW is not authorized to pro-rate any parking permit fees, either for partial year to date or for future parking permits.
Ordinance No. 14894, § 2, adopted April 14, 2010, amended the Code by repealing former § 11:505 in its entirety. Former § 11:505 pertained to temporary parking permit requirements, and derived from Ord. No. 14705, adopted June 24, 2009.
Parking passes may be purchased at 329 Chippewa, Baton Rouge, LA 70805. The fee for issuance of an annual parking permit is $5 and may be paid by cash, check or money order. The City of Baton Rouge Traffic Engineering Division looks forward to continuing this process with residents.