To request non-emergency police service at locations in the City of Baton Rouge, please dial 225-389-2000. This phone number is staffed 24 hours a day/seven days per week. If you live outside the jurisdiction of the Baton Rouge Police Department, Law Enforcement Patrol Areas Map, and have a problem or situation that requires police service, please contact your local law enforcement agency.
FILE A NON-EMERGENCY REPORT ONLINE
To file a report of a minor incident (non-life-threatening incident), you may also scan the QR code below with a mobile device. This will allow you to speak via live video with a police officer on a mobile device. This option is available Monday through Friday, 8 am - 10 pm. Listed below are the types of incidents that can be reported using this option:
- identity theft with no physical evidence to collect.
- theft from a vehicle, excluding theft of a firearm, where there is no recoverable evidence at the scene.
- non-domestic civil matters.
- obscene phone calls.
- auto theft where there is no recoverable evidence.
- vandalism and damage to property, where there is no perpetrator present.
- theft, misdemeanor, or felony, excluding theft of firearms, where there is no recoverable evidence at the scene
Baton Rouge Police Department Headquarters Physical Address
9000 Airline Highway
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Headquarters Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday
8:00 am – 5:00 pm
BRPD TDD: 225-389-5453
Other Contact Information: