Report Recommendation 3.1
Pillar 3: Technology and Social Media
|3.1 Report Recommendation: The U.S. Department of Justice, in consultation with the law enforcement field, should broaden the efforts of the National Institute of Justice to establish national standards for the research and development of new technology. These standards should also address compatibility and interoperability needs both within law enforcement agencies and across agencies and jurisdictions and maintain civil and human rights protections.|
- The BRPD Department is committed to efficient and effective policing, including the use of the latest technology and social media. Body Worn Cameras and In-Car Cameras BRPD_BWC_Policy_Revised10_2019.pdf social media, General-Order-140-Social-Media-, surveillance cameras General-Order-143-Video-Surveillance-Cameras, Camera Share/Camera Registration, Real-Time Crime Center (General Order 501/19-1) and Public Information General-Order-139-Media-Relations-and-Public-Information programs and policies are designed to promote transparency and communicate accurate and timely information about BRPD and public safety issues. These programs and policies are designed to enhance public safety while protecting human rights and civil liberties.
- As an accredited member of the Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies, Inc. (CALEA), Social Media, Public Information, Surveillance Camera, In-Car Audio/Video/Body Worn Camera, and License Plate Recognition Systems are aligned with the recommendations of the Commission. CALEA Accreditation program seals are reserved for use by those public safety agencies that have demonstrated compliance with CALEA Standards and have been awarded CALEA Accreditation by the Commission.
- Fighting Crime Before It Happens with Smart Mapping
- Baton Rouge Police Facebook
- Baton Rouge Instagram
- BRPD Real Time Crime Center Reflects Community's Commitment to 21st Century Policing
- REAL TIME CRIME CENTER 2021
- BRPD Real time Crime Center
- Real Time Crime Center working to solve crime parish-wide
- BRPD rolls out camera sharing system ‘Connect Blue BR
- Subdivisions joining BRPD Real Time Crime Center
- General Order 147 Public Release of Critical Incident-Recordings
General Order 501/19-1 Real-Time Crime Center