- Taxicab and Vehicles For Hire
- Commercial Pedal Carriage
Commercial Pedal Carriage
(New) Certificate of Public Convenience and Necessity
Commercial Pedal Carriage is a four(4) or more wheeled bicycle-like vehicle that is human-powered or equipped with a pedal e-assist that transports passengers on bicycle-like seats and is propelled by one (1) or more passengers not including the operator.
OPERATOR PERMIT & ID BADGE OF COMMERCIAL PEDAL CARRIAGE (CPC)
All operators require a permit to operate a commercial pedal carriage in the City of Baton Rouge. Applicants must submit a completed application and clearance certificate, pay an application fee, and complete a background check/fingerprints.
Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
All documentation must be presented at the time of application.
Required for all applicants. A background check/criminal history report must be performed by the Louisiana State Police or the Baton Rouge Police Department.
Motor Vehicle Record
Required for all vehicle operators. An official driving record (ODR) must be acquired online from the Office of Motor Vehicles at Louisiana Office of Motor Vehicles. An Official Driving Record is considered valid for 60 days from the date the report is printed.
Permit holders are required to notify the Taxicab Control Board in writing of any arrest, charge, or conviction of a crime that is listed on the Offenses List.
Minimum Insurance Requirement
- Commercial Pedal Carriage - $2,000,000 General Liability
- Maximum number of passengers up to 16
- Registration Fee Per Vehicle: $25
- New Issuance & Annual Franchise Fee: $200
- Vehicle Inspection: $50
- Vehicle Inspection Delinquency: $25
A Commercial Pedal Carriage which a CPCN has been issued is subject to annual and random inspections. The vehicle must pass an inspection before a CPCN is issued. Each vehicle will complete three inspections; exterior, interior, and mechanical.
- Commercial Pedal Carriage Ordinance
- CPC Application Checklist
- CPCN Application
- Route Approval Request Form
- Operator Permit/List of Offenses
- Business Licenses Application
- Certificate of Liability Insurance