(Proposed) Beauregard Town

Beauregard Town was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1980 for its architectural and historical significance. It is one of the oldest neighborhoods in Baton Rouge, platted by Elias Beauregard in 1806, and has a high concentration of homes built in the late nineteenth and early twentieth century. Beauregard Town has an exceptional mix of homes, museums, government buildings, and commercial blocks, including a small warehouse district called Catfish Town, which houses a casino and links the neighborhood to the Mississippi River. Its ideal location in Downtown Baton Rouge provides efficient living to our citizens. The boundaries of this National District have been expanded four times in the last four decades, proving Beauregard Town is a place the community values

Beauregard Town Map