The Department of Human Resources will be closed to the public on March 23, 2020 – April 13, 2020.
View current City-Parish employment opportunities and apply online at www.brla.gov/jobs. All advertised jobs do not require Written Exam Testing.
The Department of Human Resources’ goal is to support the Mayor-President and City-Parish departments as they recruit, retain, and train a talented, diverse workforce that efficiently meets the needs of the public.
This division oversees the administrative duties and acts as an advisor and liaison to the Personnel Board, Metropolitan Council, and other agencies.
Classification & Pay
Classification and Pay develops and monitors salary administration in an effort to maintain an equitable and competitive pay system for the City-Parish.
Payroll & Benefits
Payroll and Benefits ensures that all City-Parish employees are paid on an accurate and timely basis; administers a comprehensive health benefit program for active and retired employees and their dependents with health, life, and dental coverage; monitors pre-employment and random drug testing programs.
Employee Relations oversee various federal, state, local ordinances, and rules regarding the Non-Discrimination Equal Employment Opportunity Policy for City-Parish government.
Recruitment & Examination
This division recruits and administers written examinations to obtain a qualified workforce for all classified positions within the City-Parish government.
Training & Employee Development
Training and Development provides a systematic program of in-service training for members of the Classified Service to qualify them for advancement.
- When are new job openings posted?
- I am not a City-Parish employee, how do I view public job openings?
- How do current City-Parish employees view job openings?
- What is the deadline to apply for job openings?
- There are multiple job openings for the same position, do I have to apply for each position?
- Will I receive written exam results?
- Am I required to re-take written exams?
- How do I apply for Reemployment?
- How do I submit eligibility requests for Special Assignment or Substitute Appointment Pay?
- How do I request a Review Letter?
- Are Criminal Record Checks part of the application process?
- What kind of employee benefits are offered to City-Parish employees?
- How do I apply for a job?
- How can I get on a transfer list?
- How do I update my application?
- When will I be called for an interview?
- Where can I get a copy of all job specifications on the Metronet/Internet?
- How do I verify employment?
- How do I file a grievance?
- How do I reach Fire and Police Civil Service?