The Department of Human Resources’ goal is to support the Mayor-President and City-Parish departments as they recruit, retain, and train a talented diverse workforce that efficiently meets the needs of the public.
This division oversees the administrative duties and acts as an advisor and liaison to the Personnel Board, Metropolitan Council, and other agencies.
Classification & Pay
Classification and Pay develops and monitors salary administration in an effort to maintain an equitable and competitive pay system for the City-Parish.
Payroll & Benefits
Payroll and Benefits ensures that all City-Parish employees are paid on an accurate and timely basis; and administers a comprehensive health benefit program for active and retired employees and their dependents with health, life, and dental coverage; monitors pre-employment and random the drug testing programs.
Employee Relations oversee various federal, state, local ordinances, and rules regarding the Non-Discrimination Equal Employment Opportunity Policy for City-Parish government.
Recruitment & Examination
This division recruits and administers written examinations to obtain a qualified workforce for all classified positions within the City-Parish government.
Training & Employee Development
Training and Development provides a systematic program of in-service training for members of the Classified Service to qualify them for advancement.
- Are Criminal Record Checks part of the application process?
- How do I apply for a job?
- How can I get on a transfer list?
- How do I file for reemployment?
- How do I update my application?
- When will I be called for an interview?
- How do I change my address/phone information?
- Where can I get a copy of all job specifications on the Metronet/Internet?
- How do I verify employment?
- How do I file a grievance?
- How do I reach Fire and Police Civil Service?
- How do I reach State Civil Service?
- How do I reach Job Services?
- Is my score still active?
- Can you apply for any job at any time?
- Do I have to complete an application to apply for a job?
- Are original education, certification and similar documents required when I apply for a job?
- What are your testing days?
- When will I receive my test and/or application results?