What is the Real-Time Crime Center?
Headquartered and operated by the Baton Rouge Police Department, Baton Rouge’s Real Time Crime Center (or RTCC) leverages resources to assist law enforcement and other first responders in the field, as they work to intervene, respond to, and investigate criminal activity and other public safety concerns.
The mission of the Baton Rouge RTCC is to utilize staff, technology, and investigative tools to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of police services throughout the Baton Rouge Capital Area and to rapidly respond to community needs and public safety concerns.
The RTCC is a technology center, where state-of-the-art, data-driven analytics are utilized to generate precision enforcement strategies to decrease crime and reduces fear of crime while growing public trust by increasing community participation.
The RTCC provides frontline and investigative law enforcement officers with access to advanced technology, information systems, and analytics. This real-time actionable intelligence helps to reduce response time to crimes in progress while enhancing officer and community safety through situational awareness.
What does all this mean?
- Increase Officer, Citizen, and Community Safety
- Enhanced situational awareness for Law Enforcement and the Community
- Improve investigative support and resource allocation
- Maximize officer efficiency and improve decision-making
- Provide crime analysis and risk-based strategies for crime reduction operations