A Chauffeurs License is required for operators of for-hire vehicles - Taxicab, Limousines, Pedicabs, Low Speed Vehicles (LSV), Sightseeing and Tourist Guide Vehicles to ensure that every citizen and visitor has access to safe, efficient, reliable, and accessible for-hire transportation. Before applying, please familiarize yourself with Baton Rouge Municode – Licensing of Chauffeurs
Additionally, we strive to ensure that every customer is treated with courtesy, dignity and genuine hospitality. We understand that these services are essential to the city’s overall tourism and business industry; therefore, our goal is to work with the citizens, for-hire industries, tourism industries, and various stakeholders to implement the highest service standard. These service standards will ensure customer satisfaction and promote the core values and objectives of the Baton Rouge Taxicab Control Board.
- Must be at least 18 years of age with a valid Louisiana driver’s license.
- Must be able to read and write English
- Shall never have been convicted of anywhere under the laws of this state or any other state or of the United States of the offense or offenses equivalent thereto of homicide, aggravated rape, aggravated battery, simple rape, aggravated kidnapping, aggravated burglary, armed robbery, attempted aggravated battery, attempted aggravated rape, attempted aggravated robbery, aggravated assault, or sale of narcotics within the pass five (5) years.
- Shall never have been convicted of multiple felony offenses
- Shall not have been convicted of pandering, prostitution, soliciting for prostitution or illegal possession or use of narcotics within five (5) years of the date of filing an application; nor shall the applicant have served any part of a sentence thereof within five (5) years before the date of filing such application
- Applicant has not been convicted of a DWI or more than three (3) traffic offenses in any one (1) calendar year, exclusive of parking violations within the previous five (5) years.
- Must successfully complete drug screening within ten (10) days of application