Taxicab Control Board
Welcome to the official web pages of the Baton Rouge Taxicab Control Board. This site contains useful information for both the TCB’s regulated industries and the riding public. Passengers can file complaints, compliments and report lost property, as well as view information about licensed services, rates of fare, and their rights.
What is the Taxicab Control Board?
The Baton Rouge Taxicab Control Board is responsible for licensing and regulating Baton Rouge’s taxicabs, for-hire vehicles (community-based liveries, and black cars and luxury limousines), LSV or low-speed vehicles, pedicabs, sightseeing or tourist guide vehicles, commercial pedal carriage vehicles.
The mission of the Taxicab Control Board is to ensure that the City of Baton Rouge's citizens and visitors have access to taxicabs and car service that are safe, efficient, sufficiently plentiful, and provide a good passenger experience. We understand that private transportation services are an essential component of the City’s transit network, alongside publicly operated transit.
The Taxicab Control Board for the City of Baton Rouge -East Baton Rouge Parish is composed of seven (7) members designated as follows:
- Director of Aviation, or his designee.
- Chief of Police of the city, or his designee.
- Sheriff of the Parish, or his designee.
- Director of Finance, or his designee.
- Director of Public Works, or his designee.
- An appointee by the Mayor-President of the city-parish.
- President of Visit Baton Rouge, or his designee.