Online Employment Application Process
Transition to Online Employment Applications
The Department of Human Resources is transitioning to a new human resources/payroll system effective October 1, 2018. This new system, Munis by Tyler Technologies, includes the ability to apply online for jobs. Effective with this transition, the Department of Human Resources will no longer accept paper applications and all paper applications will expire on September 30, 2018.
Please click here to read the Munis Application Transition Memo which includes details on an “early access period” to create your online application.
Munis Online Application Process Effective October 5, 2018
- View job announcements and apply online for positions by visiting www.brla.gov/jobs.
- An email address is required to create an Applicant Profile (online application) to apply for jobs. Once created, your Applicant Profile is saved to your account for future use.
- Apply for every interested position(s). Applications will no longer remain active past the job opening deadline.
- Please read the Application Instructions and view each position’s job announcement to determine if you meet the minimum requirements and selective certification (if applicable) before applying.
- Attach educational documents, certifications, licenses, etc. to your online application. Your application and attachments must be received by the job opening deadline.
- Click here to access City-Parish Employment Application Forms.
- There are no changes to the written exam process. On test days, the Recruitment & Examination Division will review your online application to determine if you qualify for the position.
- Applications must be completed prior to test check-in.
- Driver’s license and proof of Social Security Number is required for admittance to the test room.
- You are not required to re-take written exams if you have previously received a valid passing score.
- Click here to view the Walk-In-Test-Schedule
- Click here to view Examination Preparation tools such as study guides and exam tips.
Online Application Resources & Information
To aid you in preparing for the new Munis application process, please reference the following brief instructional videos and manuals.
- When are new job openings posted?
- I am not a City-Parish employee, how do I view public job openings?
- How do current City-Parish employees view job openings?
- What is the deadline to apply for job openings?
- There are multiple job openings for the same position, do I have to apply for each position?
- Will I receive written exam results?
- Am I required to re-take written exams?
- How do I apply for Reemployment?
- How do I submit eligibility requests for Special Assignment or Substitute Appointment Pay?
- How do I request a Review Letter?
- Are Criminal Record Checks part of the application process?
- What kind of employee benefits are offered to City-Parish employees?
- How do I apply for a job?
- How can I get on a transfer list?
- How do I update my application?
- When will I be called for an interview?
- Where can I get a copy of all job specifications on the Metronet/Internet?
- How do I verify employment?
- How do I file a grievance?
- How do I reach Fire and Police Civil Service?