- Red Stick Ready
- Get Prepared
- Whole Community Preparedness
Whole Community Preparedness
Successful emergency preparedness requires every individual that shapes our community. When a disaster affects East Baton Rouge Parish, it takes the whole community to respond and recover. Every citizen, business, and organization play a vital role in ensuring the resiliency of our Parish.
Together, East Baton Rouge Parish is Red Stick Ready
Use the BuddySystemTM to check on friends and neighbors to make sure their basic needs are taken care of prior to, during, and after a disaster. With well-prepared citizens, first responders are enabled to go elsewhere in the community to help with recovery efforts. Helping others help themselves is one part of being Red Stick Ready!
Office of Neighborhoods in East Baton Rouge Parish.
Neighbor Preparedness Tips
Community Preparedness Toolkit
East Baton Rouge Parish Community Emergency Response Team (EBRP CERT) Program
When a disaster affects East Baton Rouge Parish, it takes a very special person to leave their home and family to answer the call of volunteering. Volunteers are an essential component to disaster management, and East Baton Rouge Parish’s resiliency would not be what it is if volunteers weren’t a vital part of our community.
MOHSEP’s vision for the East Baton Rouge Parish Community Emergency Response Team (EBRP CERT) is to have a group of well trained, experienced, enthusiastic partners to call upon when disaster strikes our community. This will give us the opportunity to not only have personal interaction with EBRP citizens, but also organize the helping hands that shape our recovery post disaster.
The passion Mayor-President Sharon Weston Broome has for this team and MOHSEP’s dedication to providing an educational rewarding experience will hopefully drive EBRP CERT into becoming a reliable organization stakeholders can look to in times of need.
Sign up for school and university notifications:
- East Baton Rouge Parish Schools - Download for Apple or Android
- Louisiana State University (LSU) Emergency Text Messaging
- Southern University (SU) Jags Safe App - Download for Apple or Android
- Baton Rouge Community College (BRCC) Connect Portal
School preparedness resources:
Multi-hazard Emergency Planning for Schools
School Emergency Operations Plan Template
FEMA Online Course: Preparing for Mass Casualty Incidents: A Guide for Schools, Higher Education, and Houses of Worship
Use these resources to become a Red Stick Ready congregation:
- Faith-Based Toolkit
- DHS Center for Faith-Based and Neighborhood
- Continuity of Operations Planning (COOP)
- Engaging Faith-Based and Community Organizations
- FEMA Online Course: Preparing for Mass Casualty Incidents: A Guide for Schools, Higher Education, and Houses of Worship
- Active Shooter Preparedness
- Bomb Threats
- Suspicious Activity
- FBO-HOW Security-Based Decisions